Re: f90 netcdf with Digital Visual Fortran

At 8:48 PM +1000 13/8/02, Harvey.Davies@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Has anyone managed to compile the netcdf f90 interface using
Digital Visual Fortran under Windows?

I'd be keen to know that as well as we only depend on the f77 bindings with VF at present. The f90 bindings compile fine with Lahey and Absoft, but we have yet to use them. We still use the <cringe> f77 bindings for our f90 codes <shrug> "if it ain't broke don't fix it" =:>

PS: I don't want to sound evil or mean, but VF is a lousy development compiler. It allows too many "errors" and poor programming practices to compile and run. (eg:, divide by zeros are allowed even when trapped, array shape conformance is not honored etc etc etc) It is getting better though. We run our codes through Lahey and Absoft before allowing VF to compile executables for Windows.

Harvey Davies, CSIRO Atmospheric Research,
Private Bag No. 1, Aspendale 3195
E-mail: harvey.davies@xxxxxxxx
Phone: +61 3 9239 4556
  Fax: +61 3 9239 4444

--
---
                                              TTFN  Dirk  =:>

/--------------------------------------------------------------\
|     Dirk Slawinski       |   The Centre for Water Research   |
|   Research Associate     |  University of Western Australia  |
| Contract Research Group  |     CRICOS Provider No 00126G     |
| PHONE:  +61 8 9380 2410                        ,-_|\         |
|   FAX:  +61 8 9380 1015               (Perth) /     \   ]]   |
| EMAIL:  slawinski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx              *_,-._/  d")   |
|   WEB:  http://www.cwr.uwa.edu.au/~slawinski/      v   _(@)_ |
|           Providing solutions for the sustainable            |
|            management of the aquatic environment.            |