NetCdf used for Red Hat 9.0 and gcc 3.x

hi group,

  i am using a class in one of my programs to read a netCDf file, and
previously had Red Hat 7.3 with the gcc compiler 2.96(i think this is
right). Anyway at work now they installed Red Hat 9.0, which comes with
the newest gcc compiler which is 3.x, or whatever. There is a new Netcdf
written for this new compiler and it is the beta version, however when
now including and linking some of my netCdf libraries in my makefile it
will not compile. Here is what my makefile looks like.

OBJECTS = test.o BoundingBox.o SRFData.o

LIBS = -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/u/home/csaxon/DTRA/netcdf-3.5.1-beta10
-lnetcdf_c++ -lnetcdf -lglut -lGLU -lGL -lXmu -lX11 -lXi -lm

test: $(OBJECTS)
        c++ $(OBJECTS) $(LIBS) -o test

-- this seems to work in red hat 7.3 with the older version of the gcc
compiler. just so you are aware i downloaded the beta netcdf i need, and
did a ./config to run the source. then i did a make on it, and it gave me
some fortran errors, i am assuming everything else went through ok. Red
Hat 9 is fairly new in the grand scheme of things and hoping someone else
has ran into this problem. thanks all and hope to hear from you!

Chad