reading netcdf files with fortran

Dear all,
I am doing a fortran code to read and perform some specific meteorological
calculations with my netcdf files. I am a new user in this fortran
environment and I don't know how to use the ncdump information to read my
netcdf data files.
Do you have any ideas how should I proceed?
Is there any special issues to take in account when we are reading netcdf
files with Fortran?

My ncdump information is:
***
netcdf susana.q.1000.7808 {
dimensions:
        rlon = 110 ;
        rlat = 104 ;
        height = 1 ;
        time = 52 ;
        time_bnds = 2 ;
variables:
        char rotated_pole ;
                rotated_pole:grid_mapping_name = "rotated_latitude_longitude" ;
                rotated_pole:grid_north_pole_latitude = 37.f ;
                rotated_pole:grid_north_pole_longitude = -153.f ;
        float lon(rlat, rlon) ;
                lon:standard_name = "longitude" ;
                lon:long_name = "longitude" ;
                lon:units = "degrees_east" ;
        float lat(rlat, rlon) ;
                lat:standard_name = "latitude" ;
                lat:long_name = "latitude" ;
                lat:units = "degrees_north" ;
        float rlon(rlon) ;
                rlon:axis = "X" ;
                rlon:standard_name = "rotated_longitude" ;
                rlon:long_name = "rotated longitude" ;
                rlon:units = "degrees" ;
        float rlat(rlat) ;
                rlat:axis = "Y" ;
                rlat:standard_name = "rotated_latitude" ;
                rlat:long_name = "rotated latitude" ;
                rlat:units = "degrees" ;
        float height(height) ;
                height:axis = "Z" ;
                height:standard_name = "altitude" ;
                height:long_name = "altitude" ;
                height:units = "m" ;
                height:positive = "up" ;
        float time(time) ;
                time:axis = "T" ;
                time:calendar = "360_day" ;
                time:long_name = "Julian Day" ;
                time:bounds = "time_bnds" ;
                time:units = "days since 1961-01-01 00:00:00.0" ;
        float time_bnds(time, time_bnds) ;
        float q(time, height, rlat, rlon) ;
                q:units = "1" ;
                q:standard_name = "specific_humidity" ;
                q:long_name = "Specific Humidity" ;
                q:cell_methods = "time: mean" ;
                q:coordinates = "lon lat" ;

// global attributes:
                :Conventions = "CF1.0" ;
                :source = "HIRHAM" ;
                :experiment = "HC1" ;
                :institution = "DMI" ;
}
*****
Many thanks in advance.
Susana.

--
««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««
Susana Margarida Mendes

phone: +351 266745300, ext 5355
fax:   +351 266745394
e-mail: smendes@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.cge.uevora.pt
«««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 14:41, Susana Mendes wrote:
> Dear all,
> I am doing a fortran code to read and perform some specific meteorological
> calculations with my netcdf files. I am a new user in this fortran
> environment and I don't know how to use the ncdump information to read my
> netcdf data files.
> Do you have any ideas how should I proceed?
you should have a look at the fortran documentation for accessing netcdf
data files:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/f90/Documentation/f90-html-docs/
and/or
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/guidef/
it's really not that tricky, actually i do prefer using netcdf i/o to
normal fortran i/o.
cheers
magi
--