netCDF operators NCO version 2.9.0 are ready

The netCDF operators NCO version 2.9.0 are ready.

http://nco.sf.net (Homepage)
http://dust.ess.uci.edu/nco (Homepage "mirror")

This release mainly implements some overlooked ncap operations,
and works around a newly discovered rank-reduction bug with
GCC-compiled NCO.

NB: Solaris cc/CC autotools builds have been broken since ~2.8.6.
If any Solaris users would care to send a patch that would be great!

I'm writing an NSF proposal to fund taking NCO to the next level.
NCO has never received any institutional funding...and it shows.
If funded, we would implement OpenMP, optimized MPI, improved
integration for distributed processing with via DODS, robust
unit-testing, and take advantage of netCDF4's HDF backend.
I will soon announce a site where you can read the proposal summary.
Moreover, if you choose to publicly endorse the proposal, you may
enter your name and institutional affiliation so NSF can see it.
If you find NCO useful I hope you will add your name to that list.

Enjoy!
Charlie

Feature changes:
1. Complete ncap modulo operator (A%B) and generic exponentiation
(A^B) with all combinations of attribute and variable

Bug-fixes:
1. ncap attribute divided by variable (A/B) works correctly
2. Rank-reduction on large arrays with GCC-compiled NCO no longer
   breaks (segfaults) in corner cases. Permanent fix is in the works.
3. 'make check' works again with --enable-*-custom.

Other user-visible changes:
1. None

User-invisible changes:
1. None
--
Charlie Zender, surname@xxxxxxx, (949) 824-2987, Department of Earth
System Science, University of California, Irvine CA 92697-3100