netCDF operators NCO version 2.9.1 are ready

The netCDF operators NCO version 2.9.1 are ready.

http://nco.sf.net (Homepage)
http://dust.ess.uci.edu/nco (Homepage "mirror")

This release fixes a recently discovered ncwa bug.
This bug caused ncwa to produce garbage when processing packed NC_FLOAT data.
Upgrade to 2.9.1 if you process packed data with ncwa.

This problem may have been noticed most by DODS users since many
netCDF climate dataset served by DODS are packed NC_FLOAT data.
Thanks to me (pat self on back) for the bug report and to Rorik
Peterson for fixing it.

NB: Solaris cc/CC autotools builds have been broken on Solaris 2.7
and earlier Solaris version since NCO version 2.8.6.
Solaris users are urged to upgrade their OS.

The NSF proposal I wrote to fund improved distributed data processing
with NCO is at

http://dust.ess.uci.edu/prp/prp_sei/prp_sei.pdf

I welcome your feedback on this now for any future proposals.
Plans for future proposals are mentioned in the NUG at

http://nco.sf.net/nco.html#prp

Super-size this,
Charlie

Feature changes:
1. None

Bug-fixes:
1. ncwa works correctly with packed data (Rorik)

Other user-visible changes:
1. Corrected mis-information about DODS server capabilities in NUG
2. Explained distinction and overlap between DODS and OPeNDAP in NUG

User-invisible changes:
1. None
--
Charlie Zender, surname@xxxxxxx, (949) 824-2987, Department of Earth
System Science, University of California, Irvine CA 92697-3100