problem reading 3-D variables from a netCDF

Hi netcdf'ers
Having a problem reading 3-D variables from a netCDF
file in Matlab.
It reads fine from my Dec Alpha machine on Matlab
version 6.1. But when I try to read the same file from
a Linux machine, Matlab version 6.1 and
6.5, it combines dimension 1 and 2 together.

For example, insead of the 3D variable LHTFL 3x94x192
it reads in as LHTFL 282x192.

Is this a known issue? If not, I can provide more
info/code that is generating this problem.

Linux kernel .2.4.x;
Matlab 6.1 and 6.5 (matlab12.1 and matlab 13) for
Linux.

##NetCDF Toolbox For Matlab-5
##Version of 30-Apr-2003 11:16:19

_Thanks in advance

Richard
SysAdmin

NB> Since I just subscribed to the list, digest mode,
please CC: to me directly...