Re: netCDF 3.6.0-beta6 (almost) success on cygwin+g95

Anlauf Harald wrote:

first of all: Congratulations!  Building and testing this beta went
very smooth on my cygwin system with a self-built g95 compiler from
www.g95.org .

The only problem I encountered was due to a bug in the install script
that did not expect that the ncdump and ncgen executables have an
.exe ending on cygwin:

A possible solution for Windows/Cygwin systems: define a variable
EXEEXT in the top-level Makefile which is set to EXEEXT by configure
(and left empty for real Unix systems), and fix the Makefiles in the
ncgen and ncdump directories accordingly.
A better solution: use the "install" command. On Cygwin this command
copes with the .exe extension automatically.

Is there any reason not to modify the standard netCDF makefiles to use "install" in place of "cp"? I am willing to submit a patch.

--
Mark Hadfield            "Ka puwaha te tai nei, Hoea tatou"
m.hadfield@xxxxxxxxxx