SUM: Weird NetCDf problem under XP

I want to thank James Garnett for trying to help with my problem.

What happened strikes me as odd but I guess it is a feature of windows. The application was working despite the NetCDF dll not being on the local machine. This was very disturbing for a number of people in the office. Further investigation lead me to discover that there was a NetCDF dll in the network folder where the data files were being stored. Our code used an open file dialog from the Common Dialog that comes with windows to allow the user to select an input NetCDF file data file. Somehow, when windows couldn't locate the NetCDF dll on the local machine, it looked on the network where the user had selected the input data file from and used that NetCDF dll.

Neat trick!

Thanks everyone!
Matthew Hanna