Re: NAN as _FillValue/missing_value

Chris Webster wrote:

I went to convert my _FillValue to NAN; I found that upon reading data and doing comparisons a false is always returned:

I would like to suggest that mention of this be made on the netCDF Best Practices page where you point people to use NAN as the _FillValue.

...then I'd like to whine that I have to retro-fit all my code and double the number of checks for every data point to determine if it's _Fill/missing (...using isnan(3)). :)

You might also lile to consider the fact that on some platforms (Digital Unix etc) any attempt to read a NaN from a netCDF file will result in a core dump.

--
Mark Hadfield            "Ka puwaha te tai nei, Hoea tatou"
m.hadfield@xxxxxxxxxx