help in netcdf installation

Hello,
myself jagabandhu a student of IIT Delhi want to install netcdf in a power series IBM server with AIX5.1 operating system. Please help me to install it. I've got most of the informations about installation. I've xlf, xlf_r, xlf90, xlf90_r, xlf95, xlf95_r fortran compilers in my server along with other vendor requisites. When I run configure script it says no fortran 90 compiler found and the environment will not be built. I made a fortran90 program and tested the compiler and i fould that if i write

xlf -qsuffix=f=3f file.3f then it compiles the file with .3f extension
and if i write
xlf90 -qsuffix=f=f90 file.f90 then compiles .f90 extension files
and xlf90 -qsuffix=f=3f90 file.3f90 compiles .3f90 extension files.

could any one please help me how to use these options in the netcdf installation and also if there is any alternative way.
please help me

####################################
#With Best Compliments From,
#Jagabandhu Panda