Re: autoconf on Linux/opteron

One gotcha when checking for the Opteron is the need to look specifically for 'x86_64' as well as for 'Linux' in 'uname -a'. This is also a problem in some other apps and models we're working with. If you find that, using autoconf to do all sorts of neat things becomes a bit simpler.

gerry

Ed Hartnett wrote:
Harry Mangalam <hjm@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hi there,

This is mostly an FYI:

I'm building netCDF lib on an opteron /Linux (ubuntu) in 64 bit mode with f77 & f90, gcc 3.4.

I can get it to build correctly after modifying the macro.make file to resemble

  31 # Compilation:
  32 CC    = gcc -Df2cFortran   <-- had to be manually edited
  33 CXX      = g++
34 FC = f77 35 F90 = f90 36 CFLAGS = -g
  37 CXXFLAGS = -g -O2
  38 FFLAGS      = -ff2c        <--had to be manually edited
39 F90FLAGS = When you next re-examine the autoconf process, you might try to detect this platform and add these flags automagically. Our experience with the opteron so far has been pretty good and this may well be a standard platform for large data sets soon.

The intention is that you set these as environment variables before
running configure.

Can you tell me what fortran compiler the above works with?

Thanks!

Ed

--
Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager@xxxxxxxx
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.847.8578