Re: Netcdf -> GIS (Mapinfo)

Hi Vincent,

> Is anyone has already use a GIS with netcdf files ?

ESRI's ArcGIS 9.2, which may be released about January 2006, will
include netCDF access for data that has appropriate georeferencing
information.  I think this means use of CF or COARDS conventions.

We recently learned about another approach involving use of Python
scripts with ESRI software that is close to being available, so expect
an announcement about that soon.

Googling on "gis mapinfo netcdf" turns up several other software
packages that might be relevant for use with MapInfo.

--Russ

russ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                     http://www.unidata.ucar.edu