Re: netCDF lib's in Fortran90 (and other issues in Windows)

ecomerma wrote:

As some other user already stated, only approx 5% of the available netCDF
'products' are working properly in a Windows framework. I'm working
with Compaq Visual Fortran and I'm looking to use Fortran90.

From time to time I build & run Fortran+netCDF programs on Windows using Compaq Visual Fortran 6.6 (RIP) and g95 (http://www.g95.org).

For programs using the f77 interface with CVF, I use the pre-built 3.5.0 library contributed by J. Caron, 2001-04-03 (or was that 2001-03-04--you can never tell with these American dates--but no matter).

I too looked into using the f90 interface with CVF and gave up. I couldn't find pre-built libraries and the instructions to build it myself required software I didn't have. Way too much trouble!

So I normally use g95 in the Cygwin environment. The netCDF library can be built--complete with C, C++ & f90 interfaces--from source with the usual Unixish "configure; make; make install" mechanism with no problems.

--
Mark Hadfield            "Ka puwaha te tai nei, Hoea tatou"
m.hadfield@xxxxxxxxxx