Re: simple question

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 04:30:28PM +0200, Hannes Isaak Reuter wrote:
> Second question
> it is possible to open an netcdf file and write from several
> processes to it..  I know already that several processes can have
> read access to one file, with one process writing...

How are you kicking off these multiple processes?  Are you using MPI
to do so?  Traditionally, netcdf programs would serialize access to
one process which would then carry out the write.   You might find our
parallel netcdf project (http://www.mcs.anl.gov/parallel-netcdf)
interesting if you truly need simultaneous writes from several
processes and are already using MPI.

==rob

--
Rob Latham
Argonne National Labs, IL USA                B29D F333 664A 4280 315B