reserve header space in advance (Matlab)

Reserve header space in advance (Matlab)

This must be an issue that has been raised before, hoewever I could
not find anything in the emails of the past 5 years.

There are (quite normal) circumstances in which attributes have be
added to an existing netCDF file. This causes the file to be
rewritten. For long files this is cumbersome.

We feel a "reserve space" function - to be called after creation, but
somewhere before "endef" in which a minimum header size is specified -
 could make netCDF perform better.

Maybe it is already possible (also in the Matlab interface)?
If not, what are your thoughts about it?

Thanks
Joost den Haan, Delft, The Netherlands