One or more variable sizes violate format contraints

Hi,

I?m creating netCDF files (from the .NET framework on Windows XP32/2K).

I need to create a netCDF file containing 12 arrays of floats each of them
four dimensional. It works fine until I make these 4D arrays of the
following dimensional sizes:

15 x 150 x 150 x 150

?then I get the following error:

?One or more variable sizes violate format constraints?

...although it works fine with:

14 x 150 x 150 x 150

Obviously from the error message it seems like I am just trying to get the
netCDF DLL I am using to allocate too much space or something along those
lines. What I'd like to know is WHY there is this limitation and what can be
done, if anything, to overcome this problem.

I don?t think I can change the way in which the data is structured since the
files are opened in another application I have no control over. I?d like to
know what it is about the way netCDF is written that creates this
limitation. Or is it perhaps a Windows problem? Maybe the situation would
improve with Win XP64 (although this is not a viable option at the moment
due to our client's IT department's strategy)?

Thanks for any help!

Justin

Justin Elzik
Software Developer