Re: NetCDF metadata and selected data variables

It sounds to me that the NCO utilities may be what you want?  Check out
http://nco.sourceforge.net, particularly the ncks operator.

--
John Evans: IMCS Rutgers University
71 Dudley Rd, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8521

"When people don't want to play the blame game, they're to blame"
-- Jon Stewart