From: owner-netcdfgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-netcdfgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Eric Salathé
Sent: 26 April 2007 21:29
To: netcdfgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: ArcGIS

Hi-

We're trying to open netcdf files in ArcGIS 9.2 and running into
problems. Is anyone else working with netcdf in ArcGIS or run into
similar issues?

These are fairly basic netcdf files with latitude, longitude, time
dimensions and a single variable. ncdump -h looks like:

netcdf Pds_echam5_20c {
dimensions:
         lon = 118 ;
         lat = 100 ;
         time = 1212 ;
variables:
         float lon(lon) ;
                 lon:units = "degrees_east" ;
         float lat(lat) ;
                 lat:units = "degrees_north" ;
         float time(time) ;
                 time:units = "days since 1900-01-01" ;
         float Pds(time, lat, lon) ;
                 Pds:missing_value = -999.99f ;
}

ArcGIS recognizes that there are 1212 bands, but is unable to display
them.

Thanks!

-Eric

--
Eric Salathé
CSES Climate Impacts Group

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are the property of the United
Kingdom Hydrographic Office and are intended for the confidential use of the
named recipient only. Its unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is
not permitted and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient,
please destroy all copies and inform the sender by return e-mail. This footnote
also confirms that this e-mail message has been swept by Sophos Antivirus for
the presence of computer viruses. You are however advised to carry out your own
virus checks.