Re: Add DATE in an exsisting NC file

Simone,

I forgot to mention something. The name of your new time coordinate array must be the same as the time dimension of your data.

For example, if the existing data in your Netcdf file has named dimensions var(lon,lat,time), then the time coordinate variable must be time(time). For var(x,y,t) you would add t(t). I like "time" as the dimension name, but another appropriate name like "t" is okay, since your data may already have a named dimension for time.

--Dave A.
CU/CIRES Climate Diagnostics Center (CDC)
NOAA/ESRL/PSD, Climate Analysis Branch (CAB)

Simone Marras wrote:
Hello Dave, thank you very much for the helping reply. It is quite clear and I will follow your instructions. I am new in netcdf but it seems quite straight forward to program

All the best

Simone