Re: Add variable in a NetCDF file. Variable POSITION

Dear Simone,

if I understand you correctly you want to use CDO to merge files with different variables order. I had the same problem as i was merging data coming from ECMWF weather forecasts, where the data are not always in the same order.. ( due to the differnet run time of the program codes) I talk to uwe, and the solution we came up is: use selcode to write out a variable in a loop and add back to a final file, which then contains all variables in order. ( go over all files..
If you need a csh/cdo script for that, i already have one around.
hannes