new to netcdf and questions

Hello,

My name is Christopher. I am new to the netCDF file format and have some questions.

I was given a netCDF file from a colleague and I need to visualize it in ArcGIS. I have ArcGIS 9.2 and I have created a raster image from the data. It is available at http://gis.sis.pitt.edu/temp/chris/netCDF/netCDF.JPG It depicts the O3 data for the netCDF file.

However, I cannot determine the projection or datum of the data. I have the beginning of the netCDF file at http://gis.sis.pitt.edu/temp/chris/netCDF/sample.netcdf. Where is the projection information?

Also, if you look at the image, the coordinate information at the bottom left (or southwestern) corner indicates the converted netCDF originates from the origin. Is there any coordinate informtion in the second link above or is ArcGIS defaulting the conversion to a 0,0 origin? I was told this data was from the western area of Georgia in the US. However, nothing indicates this to me in the file?

Again, I am looking for coordinate and projection information on my file. I am not sure if it exists or not.

Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,

Christopher Jon Jursa
Geoinformatics Engineer