Re: netcdf unlimited dimension in versions 3 & 4 with fortran90

  • To: Jeff Whitaker <jswhit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: netcdf unlimited dimension in versions 3 & 4 with fortran90
  • From: Ed Hartnett <ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 07:01:09 -0600
Jeff Whitaker <jswhit@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> For what it's worth, I'm also seeing very poor performance writing
> large chunks of data along the unlimited dimension in NETCDF4 and
> NETCDF4_CLASSIC (using the python interface, which is just a wrapper
> around the C interface).  Works fine if the format is NETCDF3 though.
>
> So, I don't think it's an issue with the fortran interface.
>
> -Jeff

Yes, I understand that.

I suspect that this will either be an HDF5 bug, or, more likely, that
we are just doing something slightly incorrectly. (For example not
setting our chunking parameters correctly.)

I will reproduce this problem in HDF5 only (i.e. without netCDF) and
see what the HDF5 programmers have to say about it.

Thanks!

Ed
--
Ed Hartnett  -- ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx