Re: [netcdfgroup] F77 compiling & undefined NETCDF functions

HI Bomin:  You might need another -l flag on your compile line, perhaps:

-lnetcdff

--Doug Hunt

dhunt@xxxxxxxx
Software Engineer III
UCAR - COSMIC, Tel. (303) 497-2611

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008, Bomin.Sun@xxxxxxxx wrote:

I compile simple_xy_rd.f (copied from netcdf-3.6.2/examples/F77 to my
home dir) by typing:
f77 simple_xy_rd.f -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib -lnetcdf

The error info I got is:
Error: Undefined symbol: .nf_open
Error: Undefined symbol: .nf_strerror
Error: Undefined symbol: .nf_inq_varid
Error: Undefined symbol: .nf_get_var_int
Error: Undefined symbol: .nf_close

I check the file netcdf.inc. it is under /usr/local/include.
And libnetcdf.a is under /usr/local/lib.

The netcdf version is netcdf-3.6.2. It is installed at the AIX system I
am working on.

Any suggestion for fixing the compilation errors?

Thanks
bomin