Re: [netcdfgroup] NetCDF-3 file format changes

Hi Roy,

There's still a limit on variable sizes with netcdf 3.6 of 4 GB (though not 2GB as I mentioned):

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/faq-lfs.html#Large%20File%20Support10

And I'm also guessing (John C: feel free to correct me) that it's 2GB in Java due to the lack of unsigned integers.

Cheers, Joe

Roy Mendelssohn wrote:
Hi Joe:

See http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/faq.html#Large%20File%20Support0. It has been possible since netcdf3.6