Re: [netcdfgroup] NetCDF-3 file format changes

Hi,

I forgot the most funny one:

Mario Emmenlauer wrote:
Dave Allured wrote:
Is the current Netcdf 3.6.2 software reliable with these in your experience?
It is reliable if you stick to very strict constraints. I would actually
rather say 'It works, but the constraints are not easy to enforce'.
  - only one variable > 4GB per file, and this must be the last variable
    in the file.
  - no attributes stored for variables > 2GB.
  - (does not apply to you if you only want 32bit types): use my fix from
    the last mail then nc_byte and nc_short will work too.

 - When creating new files, use NcFile::Replace rather than NcFile::New
   even if the file does not exist, because NcFile::New ignores
   NcFile::Offset64Bits, so the files have no large file support.

Good night and good luck,

   Mario