Re: [netcdfgroup] NetCDF-3 file format changes

Mario Emmenlauer <mario@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Roy Mendelssohn wrote:
>> See
>> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/faq.html#Large%20File%20Support0.
>>
>>  It has been possible since netcdf3.6
>
> with severe bugs, as posted by me to this mailing list on 09/12/2007
> (i.e. [netcdfgroup] possible bug in 3.6.2 with variables > 4GB).
> For variable types NC_BYTE, NC_CHAR and NC_SHORT it crashes badly.
>
> I have actually never received an answer to my bug report, don't know
> why nobody cared :-/

We care very much!

But apparently your email passed us by without action, which is not
good. Sorry about that. :-(

For your bug, what are you trying to do, write the extra large last
variable?

It would be really helpful if you could post (or send me) the code
that your are using to define the file. That is, the code that ends up
triggering the assertion.

Thanks,

Ed

--