[netcdfgroup] More Netcdf4 F90 questions

Hi All:

Just want to make certain of some things.

1. The version 4.0 docs imply the flag needed to get the new features on a create is "NF90_HDF5" while the examples seem to imply "NF90_NETCDF4". Which of these (or both) is correct.

2. Are groups, vlens, compound types etc. like other basic file structures, that can only be created in "Define Mode", and data written to them after leaving define mode?

3. What is the difference between "nf90_inq_ncid (return ncid of the named group.)" and "nf90_inq_grp_ncid (Find the group id of a named group)" ?

4. Can groups be given attributes, or only names?

5. Can Vlen's have attributes? If so, what is used as the varid in the attribute write? would it be the xtypeID defiend when the Vlen was created?

Sorry to be such a pest, but as I work with it more I will probably have more questions.

Thanks,

-Roy

**********************
**********************