Re: [netcdfgroup] No libnetcdff.a installed in /usr/local/lib

  • To: Ed Hartnett <ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] No libnetcdff.a installed in /usr/local/lib
  • From: YuLeonard <yulq@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 10:02:13 +0800
I've got the point, thanks.> To: yulq@xxxxxxx> CC:
netcdfgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] No libnetcdff.a
installed in /usr/local/lib> From: ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008
09:36:51 -0600> > YuLeonard <yulq@xxxxxxx> writes:> > > No, I didn't. I thought
you give me the right answer. Could you tell> > me what's the difference
between the libnetcdf libraries with and> > without this option? Does this
option affect the behavior of> > programs (WRF, WPS etc.) I build later?> >> >
The netCDF library has always done something a little funny: it> crammed
fortran, fortran 90, and C functions into the same library.> > This was a
convenience, so that only -lnetcdf needed to be used,> whether you were linking
to fortran or C.> > And this is still the default behavior of the netCDF
build.> > But someones one wants the libraries to be separate. That's why>
--enable-separate-fortran is there, to put the fortran and fortran 90>
functions in their own library, wh
 ich must be included in addition to> the C library.> > This is particularly
useful when shared libraries are built, because> otherwise the OS will look for
the fortran run-time libraries even for> C programs, and complain.> > So if you
have built with --enable-shared, or> --enable-separate-fortran, you need to
include -lnetcdff on your link> line, to get the fortran code. Otherwise
-lnetcdf will get both C and> Fortran.> > Does this answer your question?> >
Thanks!> > Ed> -- > Ed Hartnett -- ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
用手机MSN聊天写邮件看空间,无限沟通,分享精彩!
http://mobile.msn.com.cn/