Re: [netcdfgroup] NetCDF 3.6.3 and Portland

"Gavin Parnaby" <gavin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I've been trying to build NetCDF 3.6.3 with various compilers and have
> encountered a problem with the C postprocessor during the configure stage.
> pgcpp fails the
> sanity check, with syntax errors in conftest.c the only diagnostic written to
> config.log
>
> I am using version 7.1.6 of the Portland compiler, on a 64-bit instance of
> SuSE 11.0 Enterprise Edition. The same problem occurs on my other
> Portland-toting
> platform (64bit, SuSE 10.3). This is all fairly new, but I was wondering
> whether anybody had experienced similar trouble yet.
>
> Thanks very much,

Howdy Gavin,

At least some recent version (7.0.7) of the portland compilers
worked for me during netcdf 3.6.3 testing. See:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/builds/3_6_3/index.jsp

(Search for "portland" to find the tests).

What is the error message?

Thanks,

Ed

--