[netcdfgroup] reissue of 4.0 and 3.6.3 binary distributions...

Howdy all!

I have recently regenerated the netCDF 4.0 and 3.6.3 binary
distributions.

Due to some limitations in the test/release scripts, only one binary
distribution from each test machine was being distributed, although
most Unidata test machines can build more than one set of binaries.

The scripts have been expanded, and the binary file names have been
changed to include the F77, F90, and CXX compiler used to generate the
binaries. See:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/index.jsp

While I was at it, I took the liberty of sneaking in an update of the
documentation, including a new section on transitioning from netcdf
3.x to 4.0:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-c/NetCDF-3-Transition-Guide.html

Although I've re-released the binaries, there has been no change in the
code. If you've built or successfully used the previously released
3.6.3 or 4.0 binaries, then no action is required.

If you got a binary release and it *didn't* work, or you couldn't find
one for your system, you might want to look again to see if we now
accommodate your needs. A larger selection is available.

Thanks!

Ed

PS - If anyone is still reading this far: thanks to all for the
feedback and kind words so far! If you haven't yet, please do send an
email telling me how netCDF-4.0 and/or 3.6.3 is working for you (or
isn't). Send comments, questions and rants to:
support-netcdf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
--
Ed Hartnett  -- ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx