[netcdfgroup] ncdump and filenames

Hi,

The latest ncdump rejects filenames starting with the digits 0,1 and 2. 3 - 9 are fine. This is a snag when file-naming conventions starting with year date have been adopted - is this intentional?

In ncdump/dumplib.c there's a check on the leading character for the hex range 0x01 - 0x32; changing the upper limit to 2f resolves our immediate problems, but if that's what was intended we'll have the same problems in later releases. Also if that test turns up elsewhere that I haven't found yet.

Regards
--

Sheila

Dr. Sheila Bryant                        Software Applications Support
Email: S.R.Bryant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx          Dept. of Meteorology,
Phone: 0118 378 6395                     University of Reading,