[netcdfgroup] Cygwin and 3.6.3

Hi netcdf maintainers-

The Generic Mapping Tools requires netCDF and since the release of 3.6.3/4 we have received many "bug reports" that our GMT install script fails due to problems with the netcdf installation under Cygwin. Apparently, the netcdf install under Cygwin now builds libnetcdf.lib rather than libnetcdf.a. Can someone confirm that this is indeed the case? It breaks our GMT build since the *.a file cannot be found. The GMT libraries are created as *.a so it would seem to be a netcdf install issue.

Paul Wessel
U Hawaii