Re: [netcdfgroup] Compiling, NetCDF 3.6.2 with ifort , ubuntu

  • To: "Ilja Maljutenko" <iljamal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] Compiling, NetCDF 3.6.2 with ifort , ubuntu
  • From: Edward Hartnett <ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 10:37:10 -0600
"Ilja Maljutenko" <iljamal@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi,
> I have issue with compileing NetCDF 3.6.2  on my Linux machine (ubuntu v
> 10 )
> i picked Intel Fortran free versions(for IA-32)
> # Intel(R) C++ Compiler Professional Edition for Linux*
> # Intel(R) Fortran Compiler Professional Edition for Linux
> [[1]http://www.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/340679.htm]
> basically did as it was guided here:
> [according to :
> [2]http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/other-builds.html#linux_ifort_10]
> I set the env. variables
>
>  export CC=icc
>  export FC=ifort
>  export F90=ifort
>  export F77=ifort
>  export CPPFLAGS=-DpggFortran
>  export CXX=''

Howdy!

The problem is with your CPPFLAGS. Probably you meant to use
pgiFortran.

But the best thing is always to try building netCDF without specifying
any fortran type. The configure script will chose the correct value in
most cases.

Only if it fails do you have to set the CPPFLAGS.

Good luck!

Ed
--
Ed Hartnett  -- ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx