Re: [netcdfgroup] netcdf-4.0: bugs in configure script

Harald Anlauf <Harald.Anlauf@xxxxxx> writes:

> Hi,
>
> netcdf-4.0 as distributed has some bugs in the configure script,
> see attachment.
>
> The quoting of unquoted variables in the tests are just one variant
> of a possible fix.
>
> The construct
>
>    if ! test "${F90+set}" = set; then
>
> is probably illegal, at least one ksh implementation rejects it.
> Replace by:
>
>    if test "${F90+set}" != set; then
>
> It would be nice if these patches could be applied to a future
> netcdf distribution.
>
> Regards,
> -ha

Howdy Harald!

Thanks for pointing these out. I have fixed them in the netCDF code
base, and the fixes will be available in the next release.

The changes are also in the snapshot release. Get the snapshot release
here:
ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/snapshot/netcdf-4-daily.tar.gz

I have also incorporated your F90 configuration changes - I have to
run a full set of tests to make sure it doesn't break any other
fortran compilers.

What is your compiler and platform?

Also, you may wish to send patches and bug-reports to
support-netcdf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx in the future. Email to that address
automatically goes into our support tracking system to ensure that
your fix is not overlooked in the press of a busy email week! ;-)

Thanks!

Ed

--
Ed Hartnett  -- ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx