From: netcdfgroup-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:netcdfgroup-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dave Allured
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 8:52 PM
To: netcdfgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] netcdf

Mohamed,

The statement "use netcdf" goes into your fortran 90 program below the
program or subroutine or function statement, and above "implicit none".
You should study and understand Fortran 90 modules before working on
this program.

See if you can get this simple test program to compile and run:

program netcdf_version
    use netcdf
    print *, trim(nf90_inq_libvers())
end

The compile command should look something like this:

f90 netcdf_version.f90 -I/usr/include -L/usr/lib64 -lnetcdf

where the include directory contains the file netcdf.mod.

Is there any chance that you have old Fortran 77 code that somehow got
renamed to ".f90" without complete conversion to Fortran 90?

--Dave

Mohamed Mohamed wrote:

> Dave,
>
> Thanks, I think it is may be the solution. However I am still a
> beginner in the Linux. So please could you tell me what to do.
>

> You said " I suspect that you need to add this to the top of each
> program unit that has Netcdf calls:
>
>     use netcdf "   My question is how ?
>
> Find below a long part of the error. Please have a look.
>
> f_ts.o vdif_uv.o vertvl_edge.o water_depth.o wreal.o ghostuv.o dens3.o

> init_sed.o advave_edge_gcy.o advection_edge_gcy.o adv_uv_edge_gcy.o
> bcond_gcy.o shape_coef_gcy.o depth_check.o vdif_ts_gom.o adjust_ts.o
> shutdown_check.o extelpf_edge.o fct_q2.o fct_q2l.o viscofh.o
> print_vals.o rho_mean.o viz.o     -L/usr/lib64  -lnetcdf
> mod_ncdio.o: In function `__mod_ncdio__handle_ncerr':
> mod_ncdio.f90:(.text+0x125): undefined reference to
> `__netcdf__nf90_strerror'
> mod_ncdio.o: In function `__mod_ncdio__putvar':
> mod_ncdio.f90:(.text+0x11e4): undefined reference to
> `__netcdf__nf90_put_var_2d_fourbytereal'

<snip many messages>

> Thanks
>
> Mohamed Ali
> malibec2005@xxxxxxxxx