[netcdfgroup] extracting a grid point time series from a netcdf file

Hello group,

I am pretty new to netcdf so forgive me if there is an obvious answer to this question. I have a large netcdf file: monthly temperature, state of washington, at 1/16 degree resolution, at monthly intervals from 1900 - 2000. I would like to extract the time series of monthly temps for a single grid cell and write it to a text file. I've looked into using ncdump to do this but can seem to find the right way. Suggestions?

Rich