[netcdfgroup] anyone wish to meet at the AGU Fall Meeting in San Francisco next month?

Howdy NetCDF Users!

I'm sure that many of you will be attending the AGU Fall 2008 meeting
in San Francisco next month.

As one of the software developers of the netCDF C/Fortran/C++
libraries, I am always interested in meeting users and answering any
questions you have.

I will be at the AGU meeting on Monday morning, and every day
thereafter until I return to Colorado on Thursday afternoon. I will be
delighted to meet users to learn about how you use netCDF, hear about
your unmet needs, answer questions, and solve programming or build
problems.

If you have some netCDF C, Fortran, or C++ programming questions or
are having problems building netCDF, please bring your laptops and
perhaps we can solve your problem on the spot.

I would also be happy to help modify your code to use some of the new
netCDF-4/HDF5 features. Bring your code and perhaps I can help with
your conversion efforts.

I am very interested in meeting any users who plan to use the netCDF-4
parallel I/O features, or who use netCDF in a high performance
computing environment.

I am participating in two netCDF-related posters at the AGU this year:

* NetCDF-4 and the Weather and Research Forecasting Model, E. Hartnett,
  on Tuesday starting at 1340 on Tuesday in MC Hall D.

* Merging the Data Models of NetCDF and DAP: Design Choices and
  Benefits, J. Gallagher, R. Rew, R. McQueary, D.  Heimbigner,
  E. Hartnett at 1340 on Wednesday in MC Hall D.

I will be at both of these poster sessions, and available to meet
informally at any other time. Please do stop by!

Note that I do not have access to any meeting facilities, so any
meetings will have to take place in the public conference areas, or a
nearby coffee shop.

If you would like to schedule a time to meet, I can block it out on my
calender and arrange a location. Please schedule early if you would
like to meet - I don't know how many people will be interested, and
there is a limited amount of time.

Thanks,

Ed Hartnett

--