[netcdfgroup] inquire of an unknown netCDF file with C++

List Readers:

I have read the extensive information concerning how to inquire an unknown file
with the C interface.

The C++ info seems to just direct all questions to the same page. The C++
examples provided only open the KNOWN file, that I can see.

Is there any open source C++ code available for inspection/adaption on how to
inquire what is in an unknown netCDF file and then open it?

If not, how do I insure that the C code will compile with the g++ compiler?
That is, how do I make sure that is is K&R C code? And how do I put extern in
the code to then pass the file contents to C++ classes?

Thank you.
Proud to be a PC? Show the world. Download the “I’m a PC” Messenger themepack
now.
hthttp://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/119642558/direct/01/