[netcdfgroup] Using NetCDF under Visual Studio 2008

I grabbed the pre-compiled win32 binaries of the daily snapshot (Sep
29, 2008). I tried using them in a project and it seems to run fine
until I try to use either nc_inq_dimids() or nc_inq_varids(). The I
get runtime errors suggesting a missing library.

My question is: did you successfully call these functions in test
programs under VS2008? They were absent (and not needed) in version
3.6.x, so maybe they did not make it to test programs yet?
Another question: do I need hdf5 and other third-party libs whenever
using NetCDF in my programs, or only when compiling NetCDF itself?

My client program in in a managed environment (.Net), calling the
NetCDF code via C++ Interop - maybe that is the source of problems.
However, I thought I'd check with you first, why these two functions
should be different from other (3.6.x - supported) function.

Thanks!

Maciej.