Re: [netcdfgroup] Perl netCDF-4 support?

Hi Cathy:  I maintain the PDL::NetCDF library, which interfaces with the
Perl Data Language extension for perl (see http://pdl.perl.org/).  This
gives much higher performance than the normal perl netcdf interface since
compact 'PDL' objects (n-dimensional matrices) are passed back instead of
perl arrays (stored internally as high-overhead linked lists).

I've just received a contribution from a user of a patch to
PDL::NetCDF to add netCDF-4 support.  I've yet to test it out, but this
will probably mean basic netCDF-4 support will be available in PDL::NetCDF
within a few weeks.

Regards,

  Doug Hunt

dhunt@xxxxxxxx