[netcdfgroup] Reprojection documentation

All,

I am a weather engineer working on a project reprojecting regular and irregular gridded data into other projections. I have an avenue open to get the work done by developing my own grid interpolation and from there do the reprojection, but rather than cobble something together, I would like to know if there is a "roadmap" for using the Java software available through UCAR to do reprojection work on gridded data. If there is no documentation available, where can I go inside of IDV or any other package using the Unidata projection library to see how to use the software in the most efficient way? Please let me know. Also, if there is another standard package I should be looking at, what would that package be?

Thanks,

Jeff Copes
Weather Research and Development
Harris Corporation