Re: [netcdfgroup] netcdf-4.0.1 does not build on macos x

Jeff Whitaker <jswhit@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I noticed a netcdf-4.0.1 tarball on the unidata ftp site today, so I
> downloaded it and tried to build it on macos x. The build fails
> because of a duplicate symbol (_dapdebug) in both liboc_la-daptab.o
> and ibnetcdf_la-dapdebug.o.  netcdf-4.0.1-beta3 builds fine.

Howdy Jeff!

Wow, you are quick! I just put that release up and haven't even
announced it yet.

I assume you built with --enable-dap? The dap features are
experimental in this release. They are not fully tested, and are not
portability tested at all. (I don't think anyone has even tried to
build them except on Linux and Solaris.)

The dap feature is going to be the core feature of the *next* release,
4.1. Until then it is only provided as an early-look feature for
intrepid users.

I will bring this to the attention of Dennis, the main programmer for
the dap features. If you can submit a support request (or, even
better, a patch) to support-netcdf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, that would be
most helpful.

Thanks!

Ed