[netcdfgroup] Sign up for the NetCDF Summer Workshops, in Boulder, Colorado, Aug 3-4

Howdy all!

This summer Unidata is hosting a series of workshops on our various
software packages, including netCDF. I would like to invite users to
register for the workshop, come to Boulder, and learn more about how
Unidata tools can assist in your research.

This year we have split the netCDF material into Basic and Advanced
sessions so that users can select the level of information they are
comfortable with. As the sessions are on different days it's possible
to sign up for both the Basic and Advanced sessions.

Bring your laptop and a way to access your netCDF code to take
advantage of developer help provided during the workshop!

For more information, and to register, see the Unidata workshop
announcement:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/events/2009TrainingWorkshop/announcement.html

I hope to see you there!

Thanks,

Ed

Program
=======
Basic NetCDF for Data Providers and Developers: Monday, August 3, 2009
  - located in Center Green Bldg 1 Auditorium

 * Overview of the netCDF-3 and netCDF-4 data models and architecture
 * Description of programming interfaces for various languages
 * Generic netCDF utilities
 * Best practices for providing data and developing archives
 * Conventions for coordinate systems, gridded, and observational data
 * Using netCDF-Java
 * NetCDF-4 features, and guidance on use
 * How to make use of netCDF-4 features in existing programs
 * Remote data access with netCDF
 * Install/programming help from the netCDF developers: bring your laptop!

Advanced NetCDF for Data Providers and Developers: Tuesday, August 4, 2009
  - located in Center Green Bldg 1 Auditorium

 * NetCDF-3 and netCDF-4 data models and architecture in detail
 * Description of C API
 * Description of Fortran 90 API
 * Advanced netCDF-Java, the Common Data Model, NcML, and aggregation
 * NetCDF utilities, new features and advanced capabilities
 * Remote access with netCDF-4
 * Using CF Conventions with netCDF
 * Using libcf with netCDF
 * Parallel I/O with netCDF
 * Converting existing software to parallel I/O with netCDF-4
 * Performance tips and results
 * NetCDF-4 features, performance, compatibility, and guidance on use
 * Results from netCDF user survey
 * Install/programming help from the netCDF developers: bring your laptop!

--
Ed Hartnett  -- ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx