Re: [netcdfgroup] how to extract data

If I understand what you are asking.....you could use a language like NCVIEW
to look at the data or a program like NCL to get it

NCL:

f = addfile("profile.nc","r)
LA =f->layer_absorber
la = LA(0,0,0:99)  ;Count from zero

or

f = addfile("profile.nc","r)
LA =f->layer_absorber(0,0,0:99); Count from zero

This link provides information on how to read file formats like netcdf.
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/r-support.shtml