Re: [netcdfgroup] Bug in ncdump -v

John Storrs <john.storrs@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi Ed
>
> There's a bug you may be aware of in ncdump -v applied to netCDF-4 files.
> It always reports 'group not found'. The reason is that only varid is
> returned
> by dumplib.c:nc_inq_gvarid() and saved in a list; the associated ncid isn't
> returned or saved. But for netCDF-4 it's both you need.
>
> Regards
> John

Thanks John!

I will look into this. I am not aware of such a bug or I would fix it!

;-)

For future reference, please send all potential bug reports to
support-netcdf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

This allows your bug report to be entered into our support database.
The support database ensures that we will not forget about it in the
rush of day-to-day development, and thereby neglect an important bug.

Using the support email also causes the bug report to be copied to all
three netCDF developers, which is the quickest way of reaching the
correct programmer for resolution.

I have CC'd this to the support email. I'll let you know as soon as I
take a look at it.

Thanks!

Ed

--