Re: [netcdfgroup] Perl netCDF-4 support?

  • To: "John D. Evans" <john.evans@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] Perl netCDF-4 support?
  • From: Doug Hunt <dhunt@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 14:56:49 -0600 (MDT)
Hi John: I just uploaded a new version of PDL-NetCDF that supports netcdf 4 to CPAN. Thanks to Heiko Klein for this updated capability!

Regards,

  Doug Hunt

dhunt@xxxxxxxx
Software Engineer
UCAR - COSMIC, Tel. (303) 497-2611

On Wed, 20 May 2009, John D. Evans wrote:

Hi Doug,

You wrote on Mar. 12:
I've just received a contribution from a user of a patch to
PDL::NetCDF to add netCDF-4 support.  I've yet to test it out,
but this will probably mean basic netCDF-4 support will be
available in PDL::NetCDF within a few weeks.

I read the above with great interest. Do you have a time
estimate for releasing the PDL NetCDF-4 support?

Thanks.

 - John D. Evans, Ph.D <john.evans@xxxxxxx>
   Global Science & Technology, Inc.
   NASA Software Integration & Visualization Office
   Greenbelt, MD