Re: [netcdfgroup] netcdf file size limit

Xia,

Your version of Netcdf, 3.6.2, is capable of writing files much larger than 2G. You do not need to upgrade unless your data exceeds the restrictions for 64-bit offset format, described on this page:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf/NetCDF-64-bit-Offset-Format-Limitations.html

Dave Allured
CU/CIRES Climate Diagnostics Center (CDC)
http://cires.colorado.edu/science/centers/cdc/
NOAA/ESRL/PSD, Climate Analysis Branch (CAB)
http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/psd1/

Netcdf 3.6.2 is capable of writing files much larger than 2G,

Changshui Xia wrote:
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am using Intel(R) Fortran Compiler Integration for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, version 10.1.4159.2008 and netcdf3.6.2 on PC,my OS is vista business sp1,the max size of a netcdf file is 2G, is there any new version netcdf slove this limit?

Thank you.
Xia