Re: [netcdfgroup] concatenate netcdf files

Hmmm, that *was* easier than the NCL method. ;-) Must make a note of that. Shl, good luck with that merged file, and do try NCL some time.

--Dave

shl7c wrote:
Thank you both for the help. I think I'll explore the NCL approach when I get
a free second, as it sounds like an interesting tool to add to the shed...

but for now, I did get the NCO tools to achieve what I want.
From the bottom of the 4.8 ncpdq -> Dimension Permutation section:

     ncecat -O in.nc out.nc # Add degenerate record dimension named "record"
     ncpdq -O -a time,record out.nc out.nc # Switch "record" and "time"
     ncwa -O -a record out.nc out.nc # Remove (degenerate) "record"

Then simply use ncrcat! Voila!

Thanks again for the help Dave, and Charlie.