[netcdfgroup] a problem

Dear all,

I am trying to assemble a file NETCDF starting from a number of partial
NETCDF produced by my parallel application (opa.x). I am trying to do that
by means of a tool named flio_rbld developed by IPSL.

I receive an error like

FATAL ERROR FROM ROUTINE flioputv
 --> Variable nav_lon not put
 --> Error :
 --> NetCDF: Operation not allowed in define mode

>From this message, it seems that the tool is trying to put variables in the
final netcdf file before ending the define phase.
The tool works for other files that these ones, so it is not a simple bug of
the code.

It does not seem a problem of the size of the final assembled NETCDF file
because I was able to assemble files larger than 10 GB and in this case it
should be lower than 8 GB.

In particular, it happens that when I try to assemble the file with a lower
number of variables (for example 8 instead of 23), it goes on correctly. It
seems, so, that my NETCDF library has kind of a combined limit on the size
and the number of variables. May it be possible? Can anyone help me?

Giuseppe