Re: [netcdfgroup] data output error

Hongyan,

Those wrong data values are symptomatic of a data type error in a subroutine call. For example, passing an integer array in a subroutine argument that is supposed to be real or double precision. Please check the subroutine and function calls carefully for type mismatches.

I see that you are using the Netcdf fortran 90 interface. If you convert your own programs to fortran 90, and use module interfaces, then the compiler will find these mistakes for you. I strongly recommend that you start using fortran 90 instead of fortran 77. Either way, good luck.

Dave Allured
CU/CIRES Climate Diagnostics Center (CDC)
http://cires.colorado.edu/science/centers/cdc/
NOAA/ESRL/PSD, Climate Analysis Branch (CAB)
http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/psd1/

H.Dang wrote:
Hello~

The data I got in the netCDF file seems wrong. My code is:

      nstep_nreps = nstep_nreps + 1
      DO S = 1, N_GC_SPC
       call nc_chk1_putvar(
     &              jdate, jtime
     &            , conc_varid(s)
     &            , CGRID, S
     &            , nstep_nreps )
END DO write(56,*) 'cgrid(1,1,1,1)',cgrid(1,1,1,1)

I checked the first of the data values, in the 56th file, it's corrct: "cgrid(1,1,1,1)=1.6699868E-04". But in the netCDF file, it is: 2.802597e-45. Actually all values in netCDF has magnitude e-19~e-45.
The subroutine "nc_chk1_putvar" is like this:

  count = (/NCOLS, NROWS, NLAYS, 1, 1/)
start = (/ 1, 1, 1, Nspecies, nstep_nreps/) call nc_check(nf90_put_var( &
                    chk_ncid,  &
                    nc_data_varid,  &
                    CGRID(:,:,:,Nspecies), &
                    start=start,  &
                    count=count  &
                   ))

Could you please find apparent mistake in my code? Thank you!

--
Cordially,
Hongyan